9.30.2011

Day 100: 227 pounds

I take pride in saying that I have completed 100 days on this Journey.  I have stuck with it day in and day out and am not slowing down till I get to my goal of breaking 200!  I will say that when I started this back in June I felt like I could do it and would not give up.  However as everyone knows diets are not easy, they normally only last a few weeks, maybe a month tops before the person is back to their old ways.  But I have been strong, determined and focused on the end prize…breaking 200.  Yes there has been some up’s and down’s, but that’s to be expected and it has only made me stronger.
I worked from home again today and Dawn was home with the girls (they don’t go to the sitter on Friday’s).   I stared the day by weighing in and it was the same as the other day, 227 pounds.  Oh well, I’m sure I will lose a pound or two by Monday.  So than after a quick stop to pick up some bagels it was back home for some work.  After about 2 hours I decided to start cleaning the house.  I like to clean on Friday’s just because it’s one less thing we have to do on the weekends and we all know that I don’t like to do anything on Sunday’s but watch football.  Dawn had a lunch date with some friends so she took the girls and left me alone.  I got the entire house done including vacuuming and mopping in about 2 hours.  After cleaning I heated up some left over’s for a quick lunch before getting back to work.
Dawn and I had date night tonight (Dinner & Movie) so we dropped the kids off at her parents and enjoyed our alone/free time.  Dinner was at BJ’s Brewery before we headed over to the theater.  Since it was date night, I didn’t want to worry about what to order and eat, however thanks to Dawn she talked me into the Chinese Chicken Salad.  It was awesome!  We also ordered the Spinach Artichoke Dip as a starter.  Mix those together with a nice Oktoberfest Micro Brew and it was a hell of a meal.  We still had some time after dinner before the move started and Dawn wanted desert so we headed over to the Cheesecake Factory and shared a piece of cheesecake.  Yes I was bad tonight, but it was date night so I had to enjoy it.  We finally made it to the movies and both of us didn’t want anything as we were to full.  This might have been the first time ever that I have gone to a movie and not got anything to drink or snack on.  Oh and the movie we saw was called “Drive”.  It was good, interesting, but good!
As for exercise, well I cleaned the house for 2 hours and I will say that I was sweating just as much if not more then when I go running.  I’m pretty sure those two hours gave me a really good work out!

Daily Recap
  • Breakfast:  Bagel
  • Lunch:  Leftover Chicken & Veggies
  • Afternoon Snack:  Balance Bar
  • Dinner:  Chinese Chicken Salad, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Beer
  • Desert:  Cheesecake (shared 1 piece with Dawn)
  • Exercise:  House cleaning (2 hours)
  • Weight:  227 pounds (same as previous weigh in)
  • Grade:  C-

1 comment:

  1. Hey Date night is Date night ... Glad you guys are having "Date Nights".. thats awesome..Bryan you didn'nt gain any so keep smiling.I hope you unscrewed the gear shift Knob and Handed it to Dawn when you pulled up in front of the house....:)..

    ReplyDelete