9.10.2011

Day 80

Why are Saturdays the best this time of year.  Well first its football season, so that means 90% of College Footballs games are played on Saturday.  So lots of games and highlights all day long.  Next would be that its one day closer to Sunday and NFL football.  Good times!

Brady was schedule to have baseball practice today at 12:30pm (ouch), however around 11am his coach called and said that the fields were not able to be used today.  Thank goodness, because it would have been very hot for me to sit there and watch.  I don't think he cared because when I told him the other night that practice on Saturday was going to be hot he said "I don't care I will be playing baseball".  He is just like his dad, loves the game!  So rather then having practice, we went to Dicks Sporting Goods to get some new baseball shoes.  His old ones were to small and they were giving a smoking discount to Gilbert Little Leagues from 9am-2pm just today.  He is good to go now.

Once we got home from Dicks we relaxed and just hung out for a little bit.  Dawn had to leave around 2pm so she could get to her parents house for her dads birthday dinner.  Since I had to work the DBacks game I was unable to attend.  That was a bummer because I really enjoy our family dinners and the time we all spend with each other.  However, I didn't mind today because the Dbacks game I was working was the 10 year anniversary celebration for them winning the World Series in 2001.  Much like the All Star game, I had been waiting for this night for a long time.  I was there in 2011 for pretty much every home game including the playoffs and the World Series.  I was working game 7 and got the honor of putting up the winning run on the scoreboard.  So being able to attend and work the 10 year celebration was something I wouldn't miss for anything.

I got the the ballpark nice and early as the ceremony was going to take place an hour before game time.  Because I didn't want to miss anything, I didn't get the chance to eat anything once I was there.  This was ok with me because I had a late lunch before leaving the house.  I wont go into full details about the ceremony, I will just say that it was AWESOME!  Almost the entire team and staff came back and it was a sell out crowd.  I had goose bumps/chills the entire time, again it was amazing.  I have worked over 600 games in my 12 year career with them and have seen just about everything a baseball fan can imagine, however tonight's game was one of the most special moments for me ever!  As for the actual game?  They again wore their uniforms form 2001.  They were losing in the bottom of the 9th, but hit back to back home runs to tie it up and force a 10th inning.  They won it in the bottom of the 10th.  What a perfect night and season this is turning out to be.  We are 9.5 games up in first place and closing in on winning the NL West title.  Something magical about this team, just like in 2001.

"Friday night we brought back the colors, Saturday we brought back the players, next month we bring back the trophy!"

By the time I got home from the game I was pretty hungry.  So the easiest and quickest thing I could find was a hot pocket.  I haven't had one of those in years, it was good!  We also had a mini hurricane blow through the valley tonight.  I shall call it Mini Ditka!  So there was no chance of exercising with all the wind, rain, etc outside.  

So as I head into tomorrow, I will first and always remember 911 and those brave men and women who lost their lives that day.  I will also remember all the men and women who continue to fight and sacrifice their lives for their country because of that day.  I will then watch football all day!  

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Raisin Bran Cereal
  • Lunch:  Stuffed Pepper leftover
  • Afternoon Snack:  String Cheese stick
  • Dinner:  Hot Pocket & Cheese and Crackers
  • Exercise:  none
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  C

2 comments:

  1. Bryan, i'm very proud of you for your weight loosing record. I am also very proud of your Diamond Backs working record and experiences. I brag about it and you all the time at work and with friends. And i dont give a crap if they get sick of it!!! good job. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan ,I also want to say those were nice words you said about those we lost 10 years ago today.I do agree along with you to for ever support our troops that are in harms way protecting our freedom. They were not drafted to do so.God Bless Them!!!! Dad.

    ReplyDelete