9.18.2011

Day 88

Yes it was a Sunday and that normally means sitting on the couch watching football all day.  However today was a bit different for me.  Yesterday I was asked to play in a golf tournament that was this morning.  I love football and normally wont agree to do anything over watching it, however Golf is one of those things.  I love being out on the course especially in this weather.  It was awesome out today!

I needed to be at the course by 6:30am and it was on the other side of Ahwatukee so I was looking at around a 20-25 minute commute.  However the freeway I was going to use was closed, so it was going to take even longer.  So I got up around 4:45am with the goal of being out of the house by 5:30am.  There were a few reasons for wanting to leave by this time, the main one was I wanted to get some coffee, the second was to get to the course to hit some balls and get a feel of how the greens were running.  So my breakfast was via a straw at 5:30 this morning.  It hit the spot. 

During the round of golf all I ate was a granola bar and washed it down with lots and lots of water.  The course was providing lunch after the tournament, so we hung around and enjoyed some "brunch".  I had a little bit of eggs and some chicken.  I got home about 1pm and was able to watch a little football before the next stop in our day. 

One of Dawn's good friends form work who we have become close with is moving back to Washington State next week.  Her and her husband wanted to have us all over for dinner before they headed out.  He knows that I love ribs so he put some in the smoker for when we got there.  There were so damn good, I went to town!  The best part is he gave me the leftovers for lunch tomorrow (hey oh)!  I will also add that I did have a few deserts/sweets just because I needed to eat something to help take the spice away from the ribs.  They were spicy, but so so good!

Once we got home it was time to relax and watch the end of the Sunday night game between the Falcons and Eagles.  I didn't feel like going out and exercising because I was tired from my round of golf.  So overall, it was an ok to bad day.  I didn't do it on purpose, it was just how our day was planned.  If I was sitting at home all day I would have done great and stuck to my game plan.

Here's looking at you Monday! 

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Iced Coffee
  • Morning Snack:  Honey & Oats Granola bar
  • Lunch:  Eggs & Grilled Chicken (yes I know its a weird combo)
  • Dinner:  BBQ Ribs
  • Desert:  Cookie & Lemon Square
  • Exercise:  Golf (4 hours)
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  C-

1 comment:

  1. Man those Ribs sound good, Specially made for you..You gotta enjoy.Hey lots of protein...How was your golf game?

    ReplyDelete