9.14.2011

Day 84: 228 pounds

I figured my weight would not have made much of a change since my Monday weigh in, however I'm just happy that it didn't go up.  After weighing myself and seeing the 228 number, I thought back to the comment from my Dad the other day.  At that moment it clicked and the light bulb went back on!  It was time to take it out of 3rd gear and drop it into 4th!  Full speed ahead! 

As you all know by now I work from home on Wednesdays.  This means I have full access to lots of food and drinks within the house.  However knowing that today was the day I got back on track I knew I could be strong and avoid them.  I did just that!  After dropping the kids off at school I had to head to Home Depot to get a new sprinkler and some work gloves.  You guessed it, I had yard work on the schedule.  On my way to Home Depot I checked to see if I had my debit card.  Yes I know it should always be in your wallet, however those that know me know that I tend to place it in random places.  So I needed to make sure I had it before heading down the road.  Sure enough there it was sitting under the "free" iced coffee coupon from Dunkin Donuts!  Considering there is a Dunkin just down from Home Depot, I decided I was going to drink my breakfast this morning.  I have looked up the nutrition facts on what I get and its really  not that bad.  Its only very bad when you mix it in with a maple frosted or a box of munchkins!  Not to worry, it was just coffee for me!

After getting home form the Depot and enjoying my coffee, it was off to work I go (from the couch).  It was a pretty busy morning with work, so I didn't get the chance to think about snacking.  Plus I was full from my coffee.  That's one of the huge pluses from drinking coffee, it makes you full for a while.  Brady had a half day, so I needed to pick him up by 12:30.  I decided to eat lunch when I got back, however before leaving I grabbed a few crackers for the road.  Lunch was served once we got back.  After lunch came yard work time.  It had been a while since I had cleaned up the yard (storms, out of town, etc), so mix in that and repairing the sprinkler line and I was looking at a good hours worth of work.

Once all the yard work was done it was time to get back to work until I had to pick up the girls.  By this point in the day the house had really started to smell great.  Dawn was cooking a Pork Loin in the crock pot that was mixed in with some sage and garlic.  I could not wait to dig in.  Also on top of this, she was also making home made apple sauce.  I could not wait!

After dinner came clean up and bath time.  After all that was done came the little voice saying sit on the couch and relax or go running.  I kept hearing this for about 30 minutes.  What decision did I make?  Well for those that have seen Happy Gilmore know that at times in the movie when he needs to stay strong and keep going with golf he would say "grandma, grandma, grandma".  Well that was me tonight, but I was saying "dad, dad, dad".  I could not let him or myself down on this day of getting back on track.  So the shoes went on and out I went.  Boy did it feel great to get back out there and be running.  Plus it was nice and cool so it felt even better. 

So overall it was a great day.  My eating was great and I exercised.  Hi five to me!

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Iced Coffee
  • Morning Snack:  Crackers (few)
  • Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Breast & Half Peanut Butter sandwich
  • Dinner:  Pork Loin, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
  • Desert:  Apple Sauce (homemade)
  • Exercise:  Yard work (1 hour), Running (20 minutes)
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  A+

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Bryan...looks like you are doing great! Dinner sounds good :)
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bryan for the compliments. I know your trying hard and Im sure you're daily words are an encouragement to others and mostly to me. I thank you. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom & Dad. Its awesome to know people follow me especially my parents. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete