9.11.2011

Day 81

Today was not so much about me and my diet journey, but more so to remember what happened 10 years ago and those that lost their lives on that horrible September day.  Oh and there was plenty of football being watched as well.

We woke up to both kids coming in our room around 7:30 this morning.  Dawn had mentioned something about today being 911 and that lead to Brady asking what it was.  See none of our kids were born when this took place, and with him being the oldest at 7, he had some questions.  Dawn and I did our best to give him the basics of what happened, why it happened and how brave so many people were for having been part of it!  I still don't think he fully understood and nor should he yet.  I know someday will come when he will learn about it in school and come home and ask us about it.  He will ask if we remember it and what we were doing.  The answer will be simple, YES!  An event like that is something you will never forget, you will remember every little detail of where you were, who was with you, what people were saying, even what you were wearing!  I will never forget!

As for my diet today, well it was ok.  I have been down the past few days because I have not been able to get any exercise in because I still have not been feeling good.  I have a cough that wont go away, its been two weeks now and its still hanging around.  This is pretty normal for me when I get sick, however I think I'm to the point where I just need to fight through it and get out there and start running/biking again.  I just fear that the first time I go running that I will make the cough worse and be out of commission even longer.

So after we got done talking to Brady about 911, I headed up to Einsteins Bagels for some breakfast.  Its located less then a mile from our house and we have only gone there twice.  However its twice in two weeks!  I could see this becoming a regular Sunday thing.  After breakfast Dawn headed out for some coupon shopping while I cleaned up the house and got ready for some football.  I got tied up in all the football games that I didn't get the chance to eat lunch at a normal time.  Dawn had called on her way home with the suggestion of ordering a pizza and some wings.  I was all for it.  Whats better then pizza and wings on a Sunday watching football!  So we ate lunch a little bit later than normal, but it was ok.

As for dinner, well it was a small meal.  Dawn made baked potatoes and veggies for all of us.  Surprisingly the kids loved it!  It was a perfect meal after what was a filling lunch.  After dinner was some family game time playing "Sorry" (Lily won) and then off to bed for the kids.  Finally time to relax for Dawn and I.

Tomorrow is a weigh in day and I have a bad feeling about this one.  My eating has not been that strong and I have not been able to exercise.  I have already talked myself into tomorrow being the day.  The day to get fully back on track and 100% focused.  Its time to break 220 on the road to breaking 200.

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Bagel Sandwich
  • Morning Snack:  Cheese & Crackers
  • Lunch:  Pizza & Wings
  • Dinner:  Baked Potato with Veggies
  • Exercise:  none
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  D-

No comments:

Post a Comment