10.01.2011

Day 101

What a crazy and busy day it was today.  With last night being date night and our movie not getting over till almost midnight, we ended up just having the kids spend the night at Dawn's parents.  No problem by us, we have not been able to wake up on our own terms in years!  However it wasn't like we got to sleep in because we had a busy morning ahead of us.  I had to pick up the kids by 8:45 in order to get Brady to practice at 9:30 and Lily to dance at 10:00.  Dawn stayed home with Charlie because we were getting the carpets cleaned.  So I got Brady to practice at 930 and then left to take Lily to dance.  I got her there by 950 and once in her dance room I left to go back to Brady's practice to get him.  On the way back I stopped and got an iced coffee.  By this time it was 10:30, however Brady was not done yet and per the coach they still had another 30 minutes or so.  This meant I had to leave again and go pick up Lily because her dance ended at 11am.  So I got her and then we headed back to get Brady.  He was done when we got there so it was finally time to head home!

After home I had no desire to leave even if the carpets were wet.  Luckily for us and our hard berber carpet, it was dry in minutes.  So we all hung out at home and watched some playoff baseball.  After a few hours the door bell rang and it was some yard guys wanting to know if we wanted our palm trees trimmed.  Umm, yes please.  I have been wanting to hire someone for a while to get those cut and do a one time pass of the yard include trim down the grass to get it ready for the winter rye.  They spent at least 2 hours on the yard and it looked amazing when they were done.  Money well spent!  Once they left it was my turn to head out into the yard to put the final touches on and spread some ant killer because we have tons of ants right now.  Sucks!  Before putting that down I ran the mower over the grass to suck up any loose grass.  This was a bad, very bad mistake.  It was blowing everywhere including right up my nose and in my eyes.  I have been suffering all night because of it. 

So that's about it in a nut shell.  It was busy, crazy and painful but I survived.  The good news is I got one heck of a work out doing the yard.  I was dripping wet.  As for my eating today, well it started with some coffee during all my stops this morning.  I enjoyed lunch at home from the couch while watching the Dbacks lose.  Dinner was a home cooked meal complements of Dawn.  After dinner came time for some Red Box movies.  Of course we had to make some popcorn. 

Daily Recap
  • Breakfast:  Iced Coffee
  • Lunch:  Bologna Sandwich & Wheat Thins
  • Dinner:  BBQ Chicken Breast, Mashed potatoes and some Broccoli Rice mix.
  • Desert:  Popcorn
  • Exercise:  Yard work (2 hours)
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  B-

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bryan, I sure hope you get good gas milage with all that running around! Also, congrats on reaching day 100 :)
    Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete