8.14.2011

Day 53

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!  We got up this morning and headed out to church as a family.  While the kids were getting ready I whipped up some egg whites and down then for a change.  I only have enough protein powder for one more shake and wanted to save that for Monday morning.  Hopefully I can get to the store on my way home tomorrow and get more.  After church we had to rush home because I had to meet some buddies for our fantasy football draft order selection.  I run a football league and a few weeks before our draft we pick the order in which each person will pick.  I got the 7th out of 10 and hate it, but oh well I will do my best with it.  We all met at Zipps Sports Bar and at first I was worried because I love everything on their menu especially their wings.  However I was very strong and got the grilled chicken salad and an ice tea, and it was awesome!  High Five Bryan!

Dawn cooked dinner tonight and boy did the house smell good.  She was making BBQ chicken in the crock pot.  She also made this special broccoli recipe she got online.  She roasted it and then put some garlic, lemon, pepper and some graded Parmesan cheese.  It was very yummy!  But that wasn't it, she also made some homemade garlic and cheese biscuits.  There was tons of great food, but I only had one plate, so in my eyes it was another win.  Plus I wanted to have some leftovers for work tomorrow. 

After dinner was done I did all the dishes while Dawn gave baths.  I will say that I worked up a good sweat doing them (there were tons).  I told Brady all weekend that I would take him to the batting cages this weekend, so after all the dishes were done and the girls cleaned it was time to head up there.  One problem, they closed at 6pm on Sunday.  I told him we would try tomorrow night.  So we did the next best thing, picked up ice cream and took it home for him, Lily and Dawn.  Once we got home I decided I wanted to go for a bike ride rather than run.  My knees needed another night off so I pumped up the tires and headed out.  This was the first time I have biked on this journey and really enjoyed it.  I think going forward I will rotate between running and biking every other night.  I can do it!

Wish me luck tomorrow for my next weigh in.

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  3 egg whites
  • Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Salad & Ice Tea
  • Afternoon Snack:  Wheat Thins (just a few)
  • Dinner:  BBQ Chicken Breast, Roasted Broccoli and Biscuits
  • Exercise:  Biked (25 minutes, 5.6 miles), 50 situps/crunches
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  A-

No comments:

Post a Comment