7.01.2011

Day 9: 239 Pounds

Now up till this point I have not weighed myself in back to back days, however after the amazing dinner I had last night I wanted to see what damage I had done.  I was shocked to see that I was down another pound and broke the 240 mark.  I will take it!  As a result of being sick and fighting this cold I told Dawn I would sleep on the couch so I wouldn't keep her up all night coughing, etc.  Charlotte took my place in bed and I'm sure loved it!  I didn't sleep that good and got up a few times and drank a few bottles of water, so maybe that was why I lost that extra pound.  Who knows, but I do know that I'm super happy to be under 240 and down 6 total pounds.

Breakfast was another quick meal as I was leaving the house.  I cant taste or smell anything so didn't really care what I ate as long as it was good and healthy.  Yeah you guessed it, one egg white, orange and a bottle of water!  I love eggs by the way and will eat them any way they are cooked 

Even with not being able to taste anything I still needed to have lunch.  I packed some grilled chicken before leaving the house and ate that around 1pm.  I paired it up with an orange and some water.  I will say that I need to mix up my fruits as I'm getting sick of oranges.  However having a cold they do wonders!  I'm not sure what happened, maybe its a new microwave, but my chicken was cooked a bit more then normal.  It was more like a piece of chicken jerky (is there even such a thing?).  However I'm a huge fan of jerky so it didn't bother me at all!  I will say the thought of jerky has me wanting to get some peppered steak house jerky from Costco.  Boy is that stuff good.  Dawn only lets me buy it if I'm going camping because I wont be around the house for the aftermath.  Lets just say its powerful.

We debated over going out or staying in for dinner for about 30 minutes.  It was between going to get Mexican food, I suggested fajitas because the grilled chicken, onions, peppers, etc wouldn't be that bad for me.  Or staying home and making taco salads.  We decided to stay home and go with taco salads.  There was one issue, the ground turkey we had was bad.  So dinner turned into whatever we could find in the fridge/freezer.  The result was a frozen pizza for the kids, some veggie pot stickers and left over chicken with vodka sauce for Dawn and I.  My plate consisted of a few pot stickers and a very small serving of the chicken and pasta.  Overall not that bad.

After dinner we headed out to get some ice cream from Dairy Queen.  Both Brady and Lily got a mini cookie dough blizzard and Dawn a cherry dip cone.  I was strong and didn't get anything, but sure did want a Heath Blizzard!

Overall the day was good.  I'm really hoping this cold I have been fighting decided to fly south here soon because I cant take it anymore.  Being sick sucks, plus its causing issues for me to exercise.  

Daily Recap:
Breakfast:  1 Egg white, Orange & water bottle
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken & Orange
Afternoon Snack: none
Dinner:  Chicken and Pasta & Veggie Pot Stickers
Exercise: none (damn cold)
Bonus:  No coffee or soda!
Grade:  B-

No comments:

Post a Comment