7.24.2011

Day 32

It was a normal yet not normal day for us.  The part that was not normal is we all went to Church this morning.  Not to get off subject, but I will here.  This was the first time ever that we all have been to church as a family.  Now I like church and what it stands for, however I have never been a fan of actually going.  This has been the case for as long as I can remember.  I'm sure my parents will agree that even as a little kid I would do anything I could to get out of it.  The first thing I would do would be to try and sleep over at a friends house on Saturday night so I didn't have to go.  If that didn't work and I was home, I would pretend to be sick or pretend to still be sleeping when everyone was getting ready.  Most of the time that didn't work and my parents got me out of bed, however I would then complain the entire time.  Well here I am 34 years old and still trying to pull the same thing.  Not only was it me, but Brady appeared to be a mini Bryan this morning.  It took me back to when I was a kid.  The saying "the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree" really applies here.  As for Lily, well she was excited and kept saying "we are going to church to listen about Jesus".   After me acting like I was 10 again, I decided to agree and just go with it.  We went to a Christian Church in Chandler called Cornerstone.  I will say that this church was nothing like I have ever seen before.  The kid area was like a school with all the classrooms.  The main church area has a cafe in the main lobby that pretty much resembles a Starbucks.  Once inside it was like being at a concert.  The entire experience I will say was pretty cool.  Oh as for breakfast, I mixed up a protein shake on our way out the door.

After church we stopped at the store to grab some lunch meat and fruit.  Once we got home Dawn mixed up a fruit salad and I made the sandwiches.  I had a turkey sandwich with one piece of cheese and lettuce only on a small hard roll.  After lunch Dawn had to go to a Baby shower so I hung out with the kids.  I added in a cup of yogurt for a snack and then it was time for yard work.  I had not done the yard since before we went on vacation so I was looking at a big project.  Oh and it was also 110 out.  I finally finished the yard work about 6pm, right before dinner.  For dinner Dawn made some veggie potstickers with peas and carrots.

I didn't get around to do normal exercise (run, bike, sit ups, etc), however did do 2 hours of yard work.  I swear that is more of a work out then running!

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Protein Shake
  • Lunch:  Turkey Sandwich with cheese & lettuce
  • Afternoon Snack:  Cup of Yogurt
  • Dinner:  Veggie Potstickers with Peas & Carrots (Jen-ny!) =)
  • Exercise:  Yard work (2 hours)
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  B+

No comments:

Post a Comment