7.14.2011

Day 22: 234 pounds

Today was day 22 and 3 full weeks on this journey.  I weighed myself this morning not because I wanted to see I had lost anything, but more so because I wanted to know what my current weight was before leaving for vacation.  Surprise, surprise I was down to 234 pounds!  This is a total weight loss of 11 pounds in 22 days.  Yes!

We work up about 7:30 this morning and as Dawn got the kids ready I packed the car for our trip.  We headed out around 9am, but had to make a few stops (gas and breakfast) before really hitting the road.  The kids really wanted donuts so of course we stopped at a Dunkin Donuts on our way our of town.  Now since we are on vacation and I had a long drive ahead of me I decided to get an iced coffee.  This was the first one in 22 days and let me just tell you it was amazing.  Once coffee ever few weeks is not going to kill me! 

We met up with Brett, Ashley and the kids for lunch in Show Low around 1 o'clock.  We don't really know the area, so there was not a ton of places to eat for all of us so we settled on Denny's.  I got a grilled chicken salad and drank iced tea.  However I will day that the Chicken Ranch sandwich Ashley got looked amazing.  It was probably to spicy for me anyways. 

We rolled into Greer just after 3pm, looked over the cabin, unloaded our cars and got settled in while we waited for Dawn's parents and Justin and Rainie.  For dinner Brett grilled out some burgers and dogs.  I had one burger and one dog both with no buns.  I ate the burger over a piece of lettuce and some onions.  It hit the spot, however Brett did make fun of me.

After everyone had arrived we got everything unpacked and all the food put away.  We all hung out in the bar area, yeah the cabin has a full bar, its pretty cool.  I will admit that there was some snacking and beer drinking going on.  However I didn't have any beer tonight (cant promise for the next few nights), only drank water.  I did however snack on some grapes and had a few Wheat Thins. 

Overall I think the day was pretty good considering it was a travel day.  Normal time spent traveling in cars results in lots of snacks, fast foods and soda.  I kept it under control today.  Lets just hope I can keep doing it the next few days while we are here.  Justin is an amazing cook and he brought 5 racks of ribs and stuff to make gumbo.  I might be in trouble that day!

I didn't get the chance to do any exercising, however am hoping to get up early in the morning and get out.  We shall see.

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Iced Coffee (Dunkin Donuts)
  • Lunch:  Grill Chicken salad with Ice Tee
  • Dinner:  1 burger served over lettuce and onion and 1 plane hot dog
  • Night Snack:  Grapes & Wheat Thins 
  • Exercise:  None
  • Grade:  B-

No comments:

Post a Comment