7.31.2011

Day 39

I was hoping to rebound today from what was a very unproductive diet day yesterday.  I work up early so I could go golfing with my two brother-in-laws and father-in-law.  I made a quick protein shake on the way out the door and figured that would hold me over till lunch.  I knew I would be drinking lots of water on the course because it was hot, however I don't think any of us thought it was going to be as hot as it was.  It was gross out there, probably the worst temp I have ever golfed in.  But as you all know I love golf, so quiting was never an option.  I will also add that having lost 15 pounds so far has helped improve my game.  I found it easier to stay balanced and get my hips around without a huge stomach in the way.  So in case your wondering I shot an 80, but it could have been in the mid 70's had I not bogeyed 6 holes on the back nine.  Fatigued had really started to kick in!  Another good thing was I probably lost a few pounds just in sweat.

After golf we all headed over to Zipps (sports bar) for some lunch.  Any weight I had possibly lost while playing golf I gained back at lunch.  I had an order of their golden/mild wings (12) with an ice tea.  I also had about 1/2 a glass of beer (blue moon).  I love Blue Moon so I could have easily had a few glasses, but knew that the chicken wings were bad enough so I stopped.  After we left Zipps Brett and I were talking about how we were still hungry as the wings didn't fill us up.  The round of golf really made us hungry.  So right before getting back to my house we passed "A Taste of Chicago".  We both said "Chicago Dog?"  This is one of those weekends that I'm going to have to deal with from time to time.  Being perfect on a diet every day is next to impossible.  I actually prefer to slip up every now and then because it makes you come back stronger.  So 12 wings, 1/2 beer and one Chicago dog later and I was spent!

I wasn't that hungry come dinner time, however did want to eat something.  We are out of food again (time to go shopping) so dinner was an "eat out" meal.  The kids wanted corn dogs from Sonic so off we went.  I was good and got two grilled chicken wraps.  When we got home I opened the wrap and ate just the chicken, tomatoes and lettuce.  They are not as good as Wendy's, but still for a fast food joint they were not bad.

So that was about it for today.  It started off great, got some great exercise but then went downhill for about 3 hours and then ended pretty good.  Other then the golf I didn't get in any other exercise.  One I was very worn down and two it was pouring from a massive monsoon storm going on.  Tomorrow morning I will be weighing in and am anticipate seeing a higher number then my last 230 mark.  If this is the case I will have to just kick it in high gear this week and get it back plus some.  

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Protein Shake
  • Lunch:  12 wings and 1 Chicago Dog
  • Dinner:  2 Grilled Chicken wraps (chicken only)
  • Exercise:  Golf (4 hours)
  • Weight:  n/a
  • Grade:  D- 

1 comment:

  1. I think you will be suprised tomorrow at your weight in, I think you did sweat off more then you ate. My guess...229..No mas

    ReplyDelete