6.30.2011

Day 8: 240 pounds

Today was day 8 and my 7th full day on this journey.  With it being one full week in the books I decided to weigh myself.  As the scale read 240.0 I thought geez only one pound since my list weigh in (3 days).  This was discouraging at first, however its progress in the right direction.  I'm very happy to know that I have lost 5 pounds in one week.  If I can repeat that in my second week I will be half way to my first goal.  Lets keep it going!

I woke up at 5:45am, not by choice but because I couldn't breathe.  I knew when I went to bed last night that it was going to be a rough night and more so a rough morning.  The sore throat I had started to get the day before moved to my nose and chest.  Awesome!  Once the girls woke up I made them some oatmeal and two egg whites for myself.  I did have a few bites of their oatmeal just to make sure it was not to hot to eat.  As a side note, I'm pretty sure they would both eat that for every meal if giving the chance.

On a daily basis my work has a different breakfast and lunch vendor on site.  This makes it very convenient for people to grab a quick lunch without having to leave, etc.  Well on Thursday's the vendor for lunch is Macayos Mexican food.  The room they serve from is about 15 feet from my desk and the smell just lingers for a few hours.  On top of that I have to watch people walk by with amazing looking plates of food.  Not fair!

By the time lunch came around I could not smell anymore, my throat felt like I swallowed a handful of screws and my nose was running down my face.  Boy was I glad that I brought a can of chicken noodle soup for lunch.  I could have cared less that it was 115 degrees outside and I was eating soup.  It felt amazing on my throat.  After finishing that I ate an orange and got back to work.  I will also add that up till that point in my day I had probably already drank a gallon of water.  Gotta love being sick!

I wonder how many calories one can burn when blowing their nose, because I must have done that well over 1000 times today!

Dinner, oh dinner!  Yes that's right, I didn't do so well at dinner time.  However there was no saying no to what Dawn cooked.  As I have stated in previous posts, Dawn is becoming quite the cook.  Like I said, she is becoming my master chef.  Tonight she made a homemade vodka sauce with chicken and put it over tortellini pasta.  There was a side of veggies and garlic bread.  It was so so good, thanks babe for making such a great dinner.  Now as much as this dinner was bad for me on my diet, I'm still not that upset at myself.  Main reason is I only had one plate and didn't go back for seconds.  Trust me it would have been very easy to go back a few times as it was that good!  Baby steps, no one said this was going to be easy.

As for exercise yeah that didn't happen.  I had to take two breathing treatments tonight because of the pressure in my chest and lack of breathing.  This cold kicked in full speed this afternoon, so all I wanted to do after dinner was go to bed!  Yes I know, I'm a slacker and need to suck it up.

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  2 egg whites
  • Lunch:  Chicken Noodle Soup & Orange
  • Afternoon Snack:  1 Hard Boiled Egg
  • Dinner:  Vodka sauce with Chicken over tortellini pasta with veggies & Garlic Bread (with water)
  • Exercise:  none
  • Bonus:  No coffee, soda for 7 full days now!
  • Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment