6.25.2011

Day 3

Its day 3 and I’m still not ready to weigh myself, maybe on Monday! 

So the day started off with my alarm going off yet again at 5am.  I thought to myself “wait its Saturday morning and I’m trying to get up before 7am for something other than golfing, yeah not happening”. 

Around 7:30 Charlotte started yelling for me to come get her, so I figured it was time to get up.  The important question was what I was going to make for breakfast.  It was just me, Brady and Charlotte as Dawn was taking Lily to dance and gymnastics.  I gave the fridge a quick look over and at first glance I didn’t see anything that will work for me.  Left over pizza from the other night, barf!  Dawn’s left over chicken sandwich from lunch yesterday, negative!  Left over Orange Chicken, umm maybe for lunch.  So I took my eyes to the pantry but had the same results.  Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Apple Jacks, Foot Loops, pass!  As you can tell we don’t really like cereal in this household (haha).  We have lots of bread so I could have made some peanut butter (chunky or course) toast, but still was not feeling it.  (Wait, we have Clam Chowder and Mini Ravioli’s, hmm interesting!)  Next up was the freezer and I the first thing I see is some Linguica. You might be wondering what the heck that is.  Well it’s a Portuguese type sausage from Fall River, MA.  I grew up on the stuff and it’s awesome.  Come on by if you want to try some, I have a freezer full.  So anyways, back to the subject.  The Linguica would need to be thawed out and I didn’t want to wait.  However the idea of Linguica got me thinking about eggs (its good with eggs).  I didn’t even look for eggs the first time I was in the fridge and sure enough we had a new dozen.  So I ended up boiling 9 of them and ate 3 (egg whites only).  So overall breakfast was a huge success for me.  I was tempted by lots of things, be settled for something very healthy. 

After eating my egg whites and putting Charlotte down for a nap I got surprise attacked by Brady with his Nerf dart gun.  Now I know I can’t really call this exercise, but I ran around the house for 15 minutes chasing him as we shot each other.  I was sweating!  I then had to put my focus on cleaning our bedroom and bathroom.  To me this is a form of exercise; however it’s nowhere near the same as running, hiking, biking, etc.  

I had a nice good sweat going when I was done cleaning our room.  One would think it’s a result of our room having five windows and the sun/heat pumping in, nope I’m just a sweaty beast!  Just walking to take out the garbage will result in me looking like I just got out of the shower.  Sorry for those details.  Now during this entire time I was not tempted to snack at all since I was so focused on cleaning.  I did however chug down two water bottles in the process. 

Egg Salad was on the lunch menu made from the left over eggs I cooked for breakfast.  Dawn is a big fan of my egg salad, so I figured I would put good use to the eggs.  We didn’t really have any other options so I went with a sandwich.  I told myself “one small sandwich on wheat bread won’t be bad.  Could be worse, I could be eating a Green Chili burrito from Filbertos!”  However that did sound really good.  In my eyes lunch was a success as well.

We headed over to Ashley and Brett’s around 5pm for some swimming and dinner.  I was hoping and praying that it would be something grilled out rather than ordering pizzas.  We even brought some steaks from the house with hopes of hinting the idea.  Once we got there we quickly got in the pool and boy was it enjoyable.  The kids had a blast.  I told Brett that we brought some steaks and he said “cool because I’m going to make some kabobs”.  Awesome!  After about an hour or so swiming, Brett and I headed into the kitchen to prepare the food.  As he was precooking the chicken and steak I was working on cutting up the veggies (Green & Red Peppers, Red Onion and Pineapple).  Dawn worked on husking the corn for corn on the cob.  We did have to take a quick time out before eating so Dawn and Ashley could play doctor as all the kids had cuts on the bottom of their feet from the pool.  Poor Jake was the worst; he literally had holes in each toe.  However it did make for an awesome limp walking around the house.   Once all that was all behind us we got to eating around 6:30pm.  All the kids’ plates were made so it was my turn to dig in and I must say I went to town.  Grilled chicken and steak with veggies and corn is a perfect dinner loaded with protein and of course the fresh veggies are a huge plus. 

After dinner came more swimming, just for the adults this time.  I jumped in about 8pm and didn’t get out till 11:30pm.  Yes I was a prune, but when you’re floating around, relaxing and having awesome conversations about the Ninja Turtles and their weapons you quickly lose track of time.  Another big conversation point was my diet and this blog.  Brett said “if you get under 200 pounds you’re going to look like an dork”.  We shall see my friend =).

Bed time at 1am..wow!

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  2 Hard Boiled Eggs (Whites Only)
  • Lunch:  Egg Salad Sandwich
  • Afternoon snack:  None
  • Dinner:  Grilled Chicken & Steak Kabobs with peppers, onions, pineapple and Corn on the Cobb. 
  • Exercise:  Cleaning Bedroom/Bathroom (1hr), Swimming (4 hrs)
  • Bonus:  No coffee, soda or beer.  Only water!
  • Grade:  B+

No comments:

Post a Comment