6.27.2011

Day 5: 241 pounds

Monday, June 27th and day 5 of my journey.  I felt good when I work up, so decided I would get on the scale to see what kind of damage I had done.  Now I didn't except to see a huge drop just because I still have not caught full stride with my eating and exercise.  However I did think I would see some results.  Sure enough I was down 4 pounds since day one (4 full days).  Going forward I will for sure update my weight every Monday if not more.

We didn't get a chance to get to the store this weekend nor did I get more protein powder, so breakfast was whatever I could round up really quick on my way out.  There was still one hard boiled egg in the fridge so I went with that (egg white only) before hitting the road and dropping the girls off.  Now for at least the past 2 months every Monday I would stop for an iced coffee.  It had been become part of my daily routine more so then any other day of the week.  It had got to the point that the girl working the drive thru on Monday's knew me by name.  Well I'm proud to say that I didn't even think about it today.  I'm sure one of these days I will treat myself, however for right now I don't need it.

Around 11:30am I was really starting to feel my stomach talking.  With only eating one egg white and two glasses of water up to that point I didn't know how I was going to make it two more hours.  See I like to eat lunch between 1pm and 2pm when I'm at work.  It makes my days seem quicker, and when you have no desire to be there it really helps.

I was able to make it till one o'clock before heading out for lunch.  Since we didn't get to the store this weekend I didn't bring anything with me.  When this happens the best solution is the grilled chicken wrap from Wendy's.  Not only is it somewhere good for me (no tortilla, chicken and lettuce only) its also the closest place to my work.  When you have dress pants and a shirt on, the goal is to spend the least amount of time possible in the 110 degree heat.

Baseball time!  We dropped the kids off and picked up the Babcocks and headed to Chase Field.  Upon walking into the ballpark and smelling all that great food, seeing people carrying beers I got worried.  There was so many bad things around me that I could easily give into.  Brett and I made our way to the concession stands around the 2nd inning.  Now one great thing about Chase Field is they have value menus that consist of Lil Slugger Hot Dogs (these are the size of a Slim Jim in a bun), Corn Dogs, small drinks, pretzels, popcorn and a few other items.  I got two of the Lil Slugger Hot Dogs and one small diet Pepsi.  Yes I know two hot dogs is not good on a diet, but it was about the best I could do for the environment I was in.  I was not about to leave the line I had waited 15 minute in just to hope and find something better.  I will also add that two very and I mean very small hot dogs is much better then a basket of chicken fingers and fries or pizza.  So I was still holding my head high.  Oh and also, no beer!  However that's probably more because I didn't want to pay $9 for it.

Overall I think the day was good.  It started out great with me being down 4 pounds since I started.  I had a good breakfast and lunch.  And even for going to a baseball game I think I did pretty well.  We didn't get home till about midnight (that's why this post is coming out this morning) so there was no exercise.  However we did park on level 5 of the garage and used the stairs both ways and we walked around the game a lot. 

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  One Egg White
  • Lunch:  Grilled Chicken & Lettuce
  • Afternoon snack:  None
  • Dinner:  2 Hot Dogs (Kid size) & Small Diet Pepsi
  • Exercise:  Nothing really.  However did lots of walking at the baseball game.
  • Bonus:  No coffee, soda or beer.  Lots of water!
  • Grade:  C

No comments:

Post a Comment