11.26.2011

Day 156 & 157

I forgot to post something on day 156 (Friday) because I was invited to the ASU game that started at 8pm and didn't get over till midnight.  By the time I got home I was in bed within minutes.  Other than that Friday was pretty laid back.  We put up our Christmas tree as a family and it took about 4 hours.  We took our time and enjoyed it.  As part of the tradition we watched Christmas Vacation and Elf in the process.  Good times!

As for today (Saturday), it was great.  After back to back nights of not getting to bed till well after midnight I was hoping to sleep in just a bit this morning.  However having 3 kids kills that possibility.  Dawn was taking some photos for a friend this morning so it was me and the kids.  After my long night I was in major need for coffee.  So I told the kids it was time for donuts and I think they beat me to the car.  When we got home the kids ran into the house to start munching on their munchkins and then as I was walking it, I bumped the wall and my coffee went flying landing upside down shattering on the tile.  I slipped out a few lets say not so good words.  I then told the kids "come on, get back in the car we are going back.  I need coffee".  When I pulled back up to the drive thru window the girl said "hey your back"!  I told her the reason why and in return I got a free coffee and she gave me an extra punch on my loyalty card.  So it all worked out in the end. 

The afternoon was a busy one as we were getting things ready for Dawn's family who was coming over for dinner for her Mom's birthday.  As Dawn started making dinner for everyone I went out to do the yard work and start putting the Christmas lights up.  I didn't get that far in putting up the lights because each set that I had on the house last year, more than half of them were not working.  Only one strand was fully working.  I guess its time to upgrade to some new lights.  I'm glad I tested them before hanging them on the house! 

As for dinner, it was awesome.  We had a house full of people and kids and everyone was having a great time and all the kids were playing great.  Always a good time.  Oh and the meal Dawn made was so so good!  It was a good day!

On a separate note, once this weekend is over I plan on getting back to the diet and exercise routine 100%.  I had a feeling that once Thanksgiving was here that the few days following it would be a rough one.  But don't worry I will get back on track.

Till tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment