11.19.2011

Day 150

Finally, it was yard sale day!  Both Dawn and I set our alarms for 5:30am so we could get up, get the signs out and pull everything out into the driveway.  However we didn't wake up till 6:30am.  If it was the summer we would have lost a good hour already, however with it not getting light out till about 7am, we were still ok on time.  Our first guest showed up about 6:45am and purchased a few items.  So it was official, we were in business.  After a few hours and almost all our stuff gone, we called it a day.  We were pretty happy to see most of our big items gone, however our computer hutch was still standing.  We were asking $200 for it and were told many times today that was a super steal given its condition and quality.  But every person that said that of course was not going to buy it.  So after calling it a day I counted up our money and it was a $420 profit.  How awesome is that!  Dawn had also put the computer hutch on Craigslist, this time for $300 and within an hour we got a call and sold it for $265.  I was shocked that it sold so dang quick.  So we post more stuff on craigslist and within 20 minutes I had someone lined up to purchase an old surround sound system for $60.  So now our $420 profit is up to $745 and we are not done.  Its been a great day, I love yard sales!


So yard sale aside I did ok today.  My breakfast was a coffee and a donut during the yard sale.  I think its almost standard that you eat donuts during yard sales.  Its quick and easy!  As for lunch, well that was something special.  During the yard sale some lady came by and asked if we wanted to buy some Tamales.  Umm, yeah I would, I love tamales!  So I heated up two of those and relaxed on the couch for a little bit.  Dinner was at Peter Piper Pizza for my nieces (Aidyn) birthday party.  I love their pizza, I was hungry and was around family, so I ate up.  It was good times!  


Now its 11pm and I'm very tired and ready for bed.  To recap today was very busy yet again, oh and we have made over $700 selling random crap we no longer wanted or needed.  


So till tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Great day you had, Home made tamales cant be beat!! Yard sales are alot of work. Glad it was successful . Dad

    ReplyDelete