11.24.2011

Day 155: 229.5 pounds

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I had no time to get this posted yesterday, and that's ok because I was just a little bit busy.  I woke up about 730am and from that minute it was non stop till about 3am, yes 3am.  Its a bit long of a post, but worth the read!

I had a plan to not eat that much for breakfast and lunch because I knew that our Thanksgiving dinner (4pm) was going to be massive!  So for breakfast I had an iced coffee and piece of toast.  That got me going and boy did I need it as I had to make my devil eggs.  I boiled 4 dozen the night before so all I had to do was cut them and make the filling mixture.  That took about 2 hours, but I had the football game on so that helped.  I was getting hungry while making the eggs, so when I was done I made a protein shake to hold me over.  We headed out to Scottsdale about 3:30pm and ate around 4:30pm.  I cant begin to tell you how much food there was.  I was in heaven!  This is the one day a year that I don't hold back and eat anything I want, and I did just that.  I had one full plate of all the normal Thanksgiving items and when that was done I went to get a plate of lasagna.  Lasagna is a fixture at every holiday event, its awesome!  After that was done I rested up for about 20 minutes and then tackled the dessert table.  Everything was so so good.  Thanksgiving was a success! 

After eating everyone just hung out, talked and watched some football.  Other than the food, visiting with family is the next best thing.  It also gave Dawn time to put the final touches on our game plan for Black Friday shopping.  Based on deals we had decided to go to Walmart first and then Target.  Walmart was starting their deals at 10pm for non electronics.  All electronics were not going on sale till midnight.  So we got there about 9:45pm and what I witnessed after that was like nothing I have ever seen, nor wish to ever see again.  All of the big sale items that were going on sale at 10pm (so 5 minutes after we walked in) were lined up in the isles with tons and tons of people just waiting for the green light.  Finally at 10pm an announcement came one that Black Friday was officially starting.  It then turned into a full on war for those items.  We were looking at one of them, however when seeing people jumping over other people and diving into piles of boxes, throwing elbows, pulling on each other, we decided it was not worth it and headed to the toy area.  It took me at least 30 minutes to get there and it was only about 200 feet.  It was wall to wall people, and these were people who had no concern for the people around them.  At one point I was stuck in the bike section or about 20 minutes without moving.  At least the people around me at that time were nice.  We finally got to where we needed to be and were able to get a few things on our list.  The next challenge was making our way to the checkout and then waiting.  I have never been to New York City on New Years Eve, however I'm pretty sure it would be just like my experience at Walmart!

Once we left Walmart we headed to Target.  They were not opening till midnight and we got there about 11:30pm.  The line outside was probably a few thousand people deep, no joke.  However Dawn found a way to sneak into the line up near the front. Target had it going on and was very organized.  They made announcements outside that they were only going to let groups of 30 in at a time every minute or so.  Once in the store they had tons of employees guiding people in certain directions.  There were lots and lots of people but since they were so organized and had a plan, it worked out and was not that bad.  We got a few more things that were a smoking deal before heading home about 2:30am.  Dawn's parents were at the house watching the kids so we needed to get home.  Once at home I stayed and Dawn then headed back out to another Walmart.  She was hoping that since it was a few hours into the morning that it would not be that bad.  It was a smart move as she said it was not that busy. 

Finally we both called it a day/night/morning at 4am and got some sleep.  What a day!  The good news is I have tons of leftovers that I get to enjoy over the next few days.  I cant wait!

Again Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Iced Coffee & Toast
  • Lunch:  Protein Shake
  • Dinner:  A FEAST!!!!!
  • Exercise:  Lots and lots of walking all day and night!
  • Weight:  229.5 pounds
  • Grade:  n/a (it was Thanksgiving)

2 comments:

  1. Good job "egg man", .More power to you guys with Black friday shopping, I wont go into Dunkin Donuts if there are 2 people ahead of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving...we did, too! I can only imagine what your house smelled like with all those eggs! I've never shopped on Black Friday...not about to start now:)
    ♥ MOM

    ReplyDelete