11.11.2011

Day 142

I felt really good today.  I still have a pretty bad cough that comes and goes at random times and I still don't have my voice back, but other than that I feel good.  I might not sound it, but inside I feel it.  Based on history the cough will probably hang around a few more weeks, but I should start to get my voice back in the next day or two.  So things are really looking good on the cold/sick front. 

I'm also aiming for Monday with getting back on a normal diet eating schedule/plan.  Like I said in previous posts, this week has been far from normal so I cant really count it. 

However I will mention that I have hit a milestone that I have not been able to do in a long time.  Today marked the 5th day in a row without coffee!  That's huge for me as I have been getting it every day for the past few weeks.  However I wanted to stop drinking it daily for a few reasons the main one being I was not liking how it was making me feel of late.  The caffeine high was starting to go away sooner making me want more or other sugar items.  This is not good!  When I started this journey 142 days ago I quit coffee cold turkey because I knew it had lots of extra un-needed sugar and this was not going to fly on my diet.  It was very hard, but I got through it and started to feel so great.  However over time I started to drink it again leading up to every day.  Then this past Sunday after dropping Dawn off at the airport I stopped and got a large iced coffee (french vanilla flavor and cream/sugar) from Dunkin.  It was very tasty!  This was also the day I started to get really sick.  So as I'm sitting on the couch starting to fall apart and get weaker and weaker by the minute all I could think about was the coffee I just drank.  I started to think me not feeling good was related to it.  It was not till a few hours later when I started to shake from being so cold that I knew I had the flu coming on.  But still it was the coffee that was fresh in my mind.  I'm sure everyone has a story like this where they eat something and get really sick and its that one thing they can only picture, taste, smell making them never want it again.  Well that was me last Sunday.  I couldn't even watch a DD commercial when it came on without wanting to puke.  Crazy!

So I'm hoping by quiting again that it will not only save me money every day, but get my body free from a good amount of un-needed sugar.  Remember sugar is carbs and those are not good carbs meaning they can turn into fat.  It all really makes sense that my little bit of weight gain over the past month could be directly related to drinking coffee every day!  It would probably be different if I drank it black or with just cream, but I cant.  I have to have cream, sugar and vanilla flavor.  It was also good timing for me to quit again because when you quit you get major headaches from the caffeine withdrawals.  The good news is my head was already pounding from being sick that I didn't feel it at all.  However I did today, but got past it.  There are still going to be days when I get a cup, but those will be very spaced out.  After all it is the holiday season and the peppermint mocha at Starbucks is back!

That's the post for today.  "And as always stay classy San Diego!"

1 comment:

  1. SSSoooo glad you are feeling better Bryan. Take your time with running and working out. Till you get your strength back. Try starbucks pumkin spice ...awesome :) Dad

    ReplyDelete