1.23.2012

Day 211, 212, 213 and 214

Monday is here yet again, so that means its time for a weekend review.  Sorry its long!  I promise the rest this week will all be short!  So....It was one very busy weekend for us.  We had a funeral and wedding on Saturday and then family photos on Sunday.  So in order to get everything in place for those events I had a list of things to do on Friday.  The good thing is I was very active and did plenty of moving around.  However the bad side of it was my eating.  After the funeral we went to lunch with Dawn's close friends and enjoyed a Mexican restaurant in north Scottsdale called Ajo Al's.  I had the chicken taco and chicken enchilada combo, and it was amazing!  Then after lunch we had to hurry home to get ready for the wedding where there was of course more great food.  I don't recall the exact stuff they served, but it was chicken, steak, veggies, mashed potatoes and salad.  It was buffet style so I had a little bit of each.  I also had plenty of drinks and I mean plenty so my calorie intake was off the charts.  But it was a great time!  I got to hang out with Donny and that was awesome.

So heading into Sunday I was drained and possible hung over (haha).  But we had family photos with all of Dawn's dad's side, so I had to shake it off and get ready to put my smile on.  We took the photos at 3pm at the Scottsdale Arts Center in old town, so by the time we were done it was dinner time.  Dawn's dad favorite restaurant is Los Olivos (Mexican) and its walking distant from where we were.  So it was back to back days with Mexican meals.  I had the same thing again, chicken taco and chicken enchilada.  After dinner I headed home to change and then went to play softball.  I played extra hard because I wanted to burn off all the bad food I had this weekend.  When I got home from softball I managed to get some sit-ups in and then called it a night/weekend.

As for today (Monday), it was great!  It started with me passing on weighing myself just because I knew the type of weekend I had.  I really didn't want to see a large increase in weight from last seeing the 230.5 number.  I will push the weigh in back a day and post about it tomorrow.  The rest of my day went great as well.  The good news is I got back on track with eating better and exercise!  Because of the long and draining weekend, I was in major need of some coffee this morning.  I enjoyed a bagel along side the coffee as well.  Come lunch time I was pretty hungry but having not gone to the store in a very long time my options were very limited.  Dawn and I decided to get some grilled chicken wraps from Wendy's because it was quick, easy and healthy.  Those held me over till just around the time I picked up Brady.  On my way out the door I grabbed a protein bar and ate that on my way over to the school.  They make for a great snack as they give me energy and fill me up in between meals.  I was able to round up a few things in the house for dinner avoiding having to eat out again.  I grilled out some steaks, made a rice a roni package and cooked some green beans.  I will say that it made for a very yummy dinner that everyone enjoyed.  After dinner we took the kids for ice cream, but I was strong and said no.  I opted for a nice run in the cold once we were home! 

So yeah today was a good day.

Daily Recap:
Breakfast:  Bagel & Coffee
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Wrap from Wendy's (2)
Afternoon Snack:  Protein Bar
Dinner:  Steak, Rice and Green Beans
Exercise:  Run (1.5 miles), 125 sit-ups
Weight:  n/a
Grade:  A+

1 comment:

  1. What a busy couple of days for you. I think youre x-er-sizi-zing will wipe out all that good food. good luck scale day!!!Dad

    ReplyDelete