1.16.2012

Day 205, 206 & 207: 232 pounds

Yes I know I have not posted something the past two weekends.  Its not that I'm forgetting, its just not easy.  Our weekends have been super busy and I don't see them slowing down anytime soon. So its much easier for me to hold off on posting something till Monday and then do a weekend recap mixed in with my Monday posts.  So here it is!

Day 205 and 206 (Saturday & Sunday):

Busy, busy, busy!  Dawn dropped Brady and I off at his football game Saturday morning at 10am and then took Lily to dance class.  Once she was done she met us back at the game.  It was the first game of the season for his flag football team and they won 35 to 6.  The coach has him playing Quarterback and on the first play of the game he unloaded a 50 yard TD pass.  The pass itself was probably about 10 yards, but the kid hit the corner and never slowed down.  He also passed for a few two point conversions.  They also lined up at wide receiver a few times and caught each pass that came his way.  He's got Larry Fitzgerald hands =).  When the game was over I told Dawn "man he had like 20 fantasy points today".  She called me a nerd!  After football and dance I had to get Brady over to his cousins house as he was spending the night.  So the rest of Saturday it was just me and my girls.  That's always nice for a change.

As for Sunday, well the highlight of my day was my round of golf.  It actually was the highlight of my weekend next to watching Brady play great in his game.  I play at Starfire Golf Club in Scottsdale (Hayden & Shea).  Its an Arnold Palmer design course, so by no means is it a walk in the park.  When all said and done I came in at a 77.  Its my lowest score ever on a full size course!  My next best is a 78, twice on the Phoenician and a 79 at Kokopelli.  You probably don't have to think to hard to know how I know this.  Yup, I have an awesome spreadsheet with all my golf scores dating back to August of 1999.  I keep my scorecards from every round and log them into my tracker file.  Its awesome!  I know I have lots of other rounds before 1999, however I'm still looking for those scorecards.  So until I find those, this round of 77 goes down as my best.

As for my diet and exercise on the weekend, well I don't really remember everything I ate, but I know I did good because I watched what I ate at every meal.  I didn't really get to exercise because I didn't have enough time.  I'm sure I burned some good calories golfing yesterday.Day 207 (Monday):

I started off my morning by getting on the scale.  I was hoping to see the same number if not lower than what I was on Friday.  For the past few weekends it seems that I come out of the weekends having gained a few pounds.  Well not this time!  This morning I was 232, the same as I was on Friday!  I should be able to get back into the 220's this week for sure!

Brady was out of school today because of the MLK holiday.  However the girls still went to the sitters because Dawn and I had to work.  Brady played legos most of the day and kept quiet.  For breakfast I went back to an old favorite, wheat toast and coffee.  For lunch I kept it easy with a PB&J sandwich (chunky PB of course).  After lunch I got back to work but did find some time to take Brady to the batting cages.  Once I got home it was time for an afternoon snack so I mixed up a protein shake.  Dinner, well it was awesome!  Dawn made Parmesan baked chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli.  Its one of my favorite meals that I could easily eat four helpings on.  But I kept it to just one in order to have some leftovers for tomorrow.  I cant wait.  I then went running after dinner and did my normal route.

I feel that I started off the week with a great day.  Lets hope I can continue to build on it going forward this week.

Daily Recap:
  • Breakfast:  Wheat Toast (2) & Coffee
  • Lunch:  PB&J
  • Afternoon Snack:  Protein Shake
  • Dinner:  Baked Parmesan Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
  • Exercise:  Running (1.4 miles), 125 sit-ups
  • Weight:  232 pounds
  • Grade:  A

1 comment:

  1. I give you an A++ for the golf score . Man were you on Fire!!! Nice going. Sure you didnt deserve a drive thru at Filbertos on east main street across from the Buckhorn? AT MIDNIGHT!!!!

    ReplyDelete