12.19.2011

Day 178 & 179

This past weekend was a busy one for me and the family that I didn't have time to post anything for Saturday and Sunday.  Here is a summary of the weekend.

Saturday we had our Christmas with Dawn's grandma and Dad's side of the family.  We used to do this on Christmas Eve, however with all the families growing over the years it was moved to a week out.  It has been so much easier doing it this way.  Plus it also gives us something fun to do the week before Christmas.  Just with any family holiday party I'm tasked with making my devil eggs.  Its a good few hour project based on how many I have to make, however I don't mind because they are always a big hit!  At the party we do a white elephant gift exchange where everyone brings one thing and then picks from the pile.  You can also steal someones gift if you want that more than picking one.  Dawn and I made out great, she got one of those drink dispensers that you can fill up and keep on your counter.  They are perfect for parties, but I'm thinking it will be used all the time come summer when I make ice tea.  I got a giant clock, however traded that to Cori for a box of golf balls and some tees.  It was a perfect switch!  By the time we got home all the kids were sleeping.  We put them to bed and just relaxed. As for my eating on Saturday, well it was ok.  I didn't pig out, but also didn't starve myself.  The food setup at the party is like a buffet and there were tons of good things.  I will leave it at that! 

Sunday, busy again, but so much fun.  From the second we woke up the kids were asking to go to the movies and see the new chipmunks movie.  So the plan was Dawn was going to take Brady and Lily while I stayed home with Charlie and watched some football.  I was happy with this because it was the first week of my Fantasy Football playoffs and I wanted to keep an eye on the scores/games.  However quickly there after our plans changed.  I received a call from my boss with the Dbacks offering me his two tickets to the Cardinals game.  I gave Brady the option of movies or football game and before I could finish he was starting to put his jersey on.  So we headed out to Glendale and Dawn took the girls to the movies.  The game was awesome, they won in overtime and Brady had a blast.  It was his first ever Football game and it couldn't have been better.  As for my eating on the day, well I took my buddy to his first ever football game so I was going to enjoy eating anything he wanted.  It was a Hot Dog for each of us and then we shared some nachos.  Great Day!

There is now only one week left till Christmas and two weeks left in the year.  This means that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter for getting back on my diet journey full speed!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time at the game,Gotta have a game hot dog!!!

    ReplyDelete