3.05.2012

Day 256: 233 pounds

Yes that weight number is no joke!  Well yes its a joke, its a joke that I allowed myself to gain 4 pounds since Friday.  I was a pretty rough weekend starting Friday night when we had friends over.  Not only did we have pizza and wings, but there were plenty of snacks to pick on while we were all playing games.

Heading into Saturday I had planned to keep it easy and not over do the eating.  However I didn't succeed at all.  I had to work a Diamondbacks spring training game, so on my way to the stadium I picked up a coffee.  So my breakfast was via a straw.  I was really busy up till game time so I didn't get the chance to eat anything.  Yes I know this is bad.  When the game was over I headed home and sure enough it was leftover pizza and wings for dinner.  I didn't want to eat this again, however its free food and hard to pass up.  So my Saturday looked pretty much like my Friday. 

Next came Sunday.  Dawn's uncle is in the process of moving, so I joined forces with the other guys of the family to help him load everything up and move it to the other side of the valley.  It took all day so I know that I got plenty of exercise in the process.  Probably the best exercise I have had in a long time.  However just like any more there comes a time when everyone needs to eat.  This normally means someone picking up lots of food for everyone.  This is exactly what happened.  Wendy's cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets is what we got to choose from.  I was so hungry that I ate two cheeseburgers and 5 nuggets.  Yeah, I pigged out!  Once we were all done moving me and Brady headed out to Dawn's parents house for dinner.  She was already there with the girls.  Her mom had made spaghetti and meatballs and had some fresh Italian bread to go with it.  After a long day of hard work it was the perfect meal.  When I got home I jumped in the shower, put on some comfy clothes and passed out on the couch. 

So again heading into today I was not sure what to expect when I got on the scale.  What I saw did not make me happy.  So the plan was to get back on track with at least my eating today.  I think I did pretty good.  For breakfast I had some toast and coffee.  I had made some egg salad with some eggs that needed to be used, so for lunch Dawn and I had a sandwich.  Granted I know egg salad is loaded with mayo, but its still better than eating fast food.  Next came dinner, and unfortunately that was a meal on the go.  Brady had baseball practice that lasted till 7pm, so on our way home we stopped at Jack-In-The-Box and picked up some food.  The good news is I had their grilled chicken salad.  Its so so good!  I didn't go out and run tonight just because I helped again today move more stuff for her uncle.  So that was my workout.  Overall I think today was a pretty good day to start the week.  Hopefully I can keep it going and get back those 4 pounds!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Yikeess!!!!! Not sure what else to say, I am myself trying to drop 10 pounds. How you ask? Eliminate sugar..And anything that turns to sugar. Like Carbs. Lets do it together. No sugar!!!! How about it? Dad

    ReplyDelete