4.11.2012

Day 292: 232 pounds

I figured it was time for an update on my Journey.  I wish I had a better weight number to report on, however having survived the Easter weekend by not putting on 10 pounds is a huge win in my books.  The Easter party Dawn's mom holds every year has enough food to probably feed about 200 people.  So between the food, candy and beer I'm surprised I didn't need help getting out of their house (haha).

I also have been dealing with some crazy allergies the past few weeks.  It hit our house hard as all five of us were suffering at one point or another.  However I do think it hit me the worse.  A pounding headache, burning and watery eyes, runny nose, non stop sneezing and a cough for 3 weeks is not fun.  But its the price we all pay for living in Arizona this time of year.  You don't get much better weather anywhere than Arizona in late March, early April!  The good news is I survived and have been feeling like a new man the past few days.  So I work up this morning focused and set on having a great diet/exercise day. 

I did stick to my normal breakfast routine that being an iced coffee and bagel, however I didn't put cream cheese on the bagel, I went with a little low fat butter spread.  It was pretty good!  Then after a few hours of working I decided to head out for a bike ride.  The temperature today was about 70 degrees with a little wind.  It was awesome out!  I rode for about 25 minutes and covered about 4.5 miles.  Once I got home I did about 5 minutes of jump rope and then 100 sit-ups.  At this point I was dead tired and ready for a shower.  Next came lunch!  I made a can of tuna and put a very little, I mean very little bit of mayo in it.  Its to dry out of the can, so I have to add it.  I ate that while drinking a protein shake.

It was a game day today for Brady so eating dinner was on the go.  Yeah I know this is never good, because eating out "quickly" normally means a drive thru.  Sure enough that's exactly what we did after the game.  We ran through Taco Bell and got some tacos.  I had 3 of them and enjoyed every last bite!  Now as for the game.  Well Brady's team (The Dodgers) was trailing by one run in the top of the last inning, with the tying run on third, Brady came up and grounded out to second, however the run scored!  Unfortunately the home team got a run in the bottom half and won the game.  The Dodgers are off to an 0-2 start, but both games were close.  The wins will come soon!  As for Brady, he was 1-2 with a single, walk and 2 rbi's.  Good game buddy!

So overall it was a great day!  Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment